It's All in My Head

Ravings With No Organic Explanation

Monday, January 22, 2007

Okay, But WHY?

Or more to the point, why not? Why not Hillary?

I've heard it all from "she's divisive" (who isn't in this political climate?) to her war support (which was not an aberration at the time) to "she let Bill get away with that" (I'm sorry, wasn't the bogus impeachment enough? did you want the leader of the free world dealing with a divorce too? oh, and by the way, how is it any of your business?).

I just don't get it. I actually had someone tell me he'd vote for any Dem but Hillary. When I asked why, he didn't want to get into it. It was like listening to the teacher on Charlie Brown. Whole lotta nothing. You say you don't want to get into it, I hear "I don't have a reason, I'm just repeating what I read on Huffpo" at best. At worst, I hear "I'm a raging misogynist with mommy issues and a tiny penis."

I have a problem with Hillary. I am gravely concerned about her electability. We cant' afford to blow this one. As a patron of the leftwing blogosphere, perhaps I am out of touch with the general public. I hope that's the case.

That aside (ideally if she wins the nomination, Dems will step up and support her, even if only as the lesser of two evils), I think she'd make a kick-ass president. I'm an avowed pinko commie liberal, but let's face it, most of this country is not, and those centrist positions of hers that piss off the left so thoroughly are the only realistic approach to a workable government. Plus, she's a pretty smucking fart lady. It'd sure be nice to have a triple digit IQ in the White House again.

So...what's the deal? If you're a Hill-hater, why? If she wins the Democratic nomination, are you on board, even begrudgingly? Who do you want to see on the ticket?

3 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think anyone who 'doesn't want to get into it' clearly doesn't like her because she's a she, but doesn't have the guts to tell you so.

The sexism in America is HUGE and so I also fear her electability, but you guys need her. She has brains and experience.

This one is going to be interesting ...

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Yogamum said...

You said it...triple digit IQ...LOL!!!

There's something about Hillary that I don't trust. I can't articulate it any better than that. Admittedly, I can't think of a politician I do trust.

I would definitely vote for her over any Republican but I would say my primary vote is far from decided.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Mama G said...

You said:

It'd sure be nice to have a triple digit IQ in the White House again.

Okay, that's just not fair. I just choked on my morning coffee and my eyes are watering so much from laughing so hard that I can't read! Don't do that to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home