It's All in My Head

Ravings With No Organic Explanation

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mama Got a New Pair of Shoes, When Will She Wear Them?

Got my new running shoes (Vapor 7, can't link directly for some reason) yesterday. Recommended for my overpronation. Hopefully this means no more blisters along my right arch. Well-cushioned, too. Can't wait to wear them.

I'm getting antsy to get out and run a 10. I haven't done much more than 6 since the holidays, and I can't catch a break with the weather. I usually have about an hour and half on Mondays free but tomorrow we're looking at more wind, rain, temps in the low 40s and, heaven forbid, maybe even snow. Snow. Past the midway mark of April. Intolerable.

Twenty-one days til Broad Street, and even with Mother Nature's cooperation my schedule is unwieldy. I'm starting to get nervous. I tend to put too much pressure on myself and need to let up a bit. Focus on finishing, and give myself a nice a generous time in which to do it. At this point, that looks like about two hours.

Our last race, scheduled for St. Patrick's Day (Irish Memorial 5K) was cancelled due to snow (5 inches, on the verge of spring...preposterous!). I hope to post on the previous one, the Leprechaun, soon, after I scan some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home